Monday, January 16, 2012

Fit Tip


I have been slowly getting back into running after finishing the Chicago Marathon. Before the marathon I could run for hours and not feel tired, but now it seems to be that around the block is enough running.  The hardest part is getting out the door though, and I am sure that many people feel the same way.  One way I have gotten out the door and on the running path on the days I absolutely do not want to work out has been by taking my dogs with me.  Dogs love running, at least my dogs do, and when they see that they are going for a run they jump, howl, and wag their tails in excitement.  That enthusiasm is contagious and really helps me realize that is is so nice to get outside and run around.  So the next time you are dreading working out just bring your dog along and let them inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment